Whether your hair is straight or curly, fine or thick, it doesn’t matter because, with enough work and time, you can also have perfect side swept bangs.
Side swept bangs style is the new trend right now. It makes your face look longer; therefore, absolutely amazing for people like me who have a round or oval face. If you surf through Google, you’ll see many actresses are leaning towards this new hairstyle.
So, if you are looking to get yourself side swept bangs, I am here to show you the easiest route to your destination.
Compensate Your Face with the Right Bangs
» Firstly you have to know a few things in order to pull off the side swept bangs look. The first is your hair length. Your hair shouldn’t be very long. It can be medium-long but best if your hair is a bit shorter than usual.
I will let you in on a secret that will allow you to have side bangs without you having to chop off your precious hair. It is pretty simple actually, give multiple layers to the front portion of your hair as it is the only part you need for bangs. With enough layers, you can keep most of your hair long while styling your hair with a side swept bang.
PS: till now, I use this secret to have clean bangs while letting my hair grow long.
» The second thing you need to consider is your face structure. If you have an oval or round face, stop thinking and just take the flat iron to get that bang today. I’ve tried out some Babyliss flat irons to get the perfect bangs, and it worked like a charm.
Side swept bangs go best with a round face. You can also use it for other facial structures, but the results won’t be as satisfactory.
» Thirdly, you should avoid straightening the bangs completely if you have frizzy or extremely wavy hair. You are probably wondering how to get side swept bangs without a flat iron? Well, don’t worry because a blow dryer can easily help you in such cases. I will talk about it later in the article.
On the other hand, if your hair is a bit wavy or soft, I will suggest that you go for side bangs as they will suit your hair perfectly.
How to Style Side Swept Bangs with Flat Iron | The Necessary Items
How to Flat Iron Bangs
- Grab your shampoo and conditioner and thoroughly wash your hair. Take a towel and semi-dry your hair. Do not wait for your hair to completely dry, as wet hair makes it easy to style bangs.
- If you don’t want your hair to be frizzy after styling, apply a few drops of hair oil or use flat irons with negative ion technology. You can try out Nume Straighteners if you need to reduce frizz.
- Heat up your flat iron according to the need of your hair. If it is fine hair, then 250-300°F, for medium hair, the temperature should be 300-350°F, and for thick hair, 350-400°F. If you have very thick hair, then try using a flat iron for coarse hair.
- You can use heat protectants to keep yourself safe from scalding. However, you may not need it if you have prior experience of straightening.
- Use hair clips to separate your hair into multiple sections. It makes the process of straightening much easier.
- Work your way around till each section of your hair is straightened properly. When you are done straightening, you can move on to styling or creating side bangs.
- Separate the portion, which you plan on making the bangs, and hold it over your head.
- Apply hair cream to the hair roots and slide it down to the tip.
- Use a brush to remove excess foam from your bangs.
- With the flat iron, hold your bangs horizontally.
- Now you will need to hold the straightener for a couple of seconds. Start from the top layer and slowly slide it down to the left or right tip (wherever you want your side bangs to be).
- Afterward, do the same for the next layer and keep repeating the process until you get your desired results.
- Now you can brush the bangs to your desired direction to add some volume. Once you can see that you have the perfect bangs, use a hairspray to hold the style in place.
Often, people wonder how to curl side swept bangs with flat iron. Well, it is very simple. Just follow the procedure I have given above, and only in step 11 will you have to rotate the flat iron while sliding it downwards or sideways. You can also just use a curling iron as it makes curling bangs much easier.
Expert Tip: I always add some volume to the crown space and the opposite side of my bangs as it compensates my overall look. All you need is a blow dryer to add some extra volume to your hair.
Hold the portion you need to add volume to above your head with a bristle brush. Now, start by blow-drying the roots and slowly move upwards. Keep repeating the process till you have your desired volume. You will need to do the same for the opposite side of your bangs as well. Start from the roots and end at the tip.
How to Create Side Swept Bangs with a Blow Dryer
You can create side bangs even if you do not have a flat iron. However, you will need a blow dryer for the process. It may sound weird, but you need to start the process by blow-drying your hair to the opposite side of where you want your bangs to be.
Next, you will need to blow dry your hair downwards for a while, and then to the side, your bangs are supposed to remain. When you are creating bangs with a blow dryer, make sure to add volume to the crown space and to the opposite side of your bangs.
Now that you know how to style side swept bangs with flat iron, why not give it a try and see the results.